Monday, July 19, 2010

Rina's package 2 reflection

GM foods are widely spread. Generally, publics’s concern on GM foods are health concerns. It is to my understanding before this project that I GM food is unsafe for consumption. I was also unaware that GM foods are incorporated in a food product.
Not only that, this project has helped me in understanding the technology of GM foods. It has helped me understanding the principles of food technology. Though this project focuses on crops that can be make into flour , along the way we, the group had also found out other examples of GM food and crops.
As a group, this project has stimulate our thinking as we brainstorm the possibilities for alternative answers for every meeting. Meeting up by sharing our part and give ideas to others of what we may know. It has been difficult for me especially when my work shift changed to afternoon shift and I was not able to come for meetings. Due to time constraint, it was almost impossible for me to finish my part. It was a bit saddening for me as I was the only one in the group doing shift work. But I did managed to grab a few hours to get the work done.
As a whole, problem based learning is difficult but no doubt it give us more opportunity to explore more. Without notes from teachers, we did feel lost in the beginning but with the guidance from the lecturers we managed to start our engines. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment